My husband, Stefano Giuliani (www.stefanogiuliani.com), and I have together created an opera company whose aim is to produce operas with young professional opera singers.
I am responsible for the music and voices while Stefano, a painter and set designer, takes care of designing the opera's visual elements. Our aim is to give an opportunity not only to young musicians, but also to young set designers, stage decorators, video artists, costume designers, make-up artists, wigmakers, lighting engineers and stage directors, to work on a project.
When our young artists graduate from conservatories and art schools, it is not easy for them to find employment offering significant responsibilities.
Since 2000, the year of its creation, the young Company has received subventions from the Belgian French Community, the Hainaut Province, the Wallonia Region and the City of Mons. With the support of numerous private sponsors and in collaboration with various cultural associations, DA TEMPESTA has brought to stage a total of 14 operas, in addition to several concerts, recitals, conferences and Master Classes.
Within our team, they are tutored by experienced performers such as Ivo Cruz, Jean Tubéry, Florian Heyerik, Norbert Nozy, Patrick Baton, Patrick Davin, Zhaneta Katsarova, Michel Tanner, Robert Ventura, Nixon Fernandez, Francis Houtteman, Eva Moreno, Susana Valdez, Francis Pedros, Guy de Mey, Edmond Lhote, Cécile Bolle, Annette Vande Gorne, Werner Van Mechelen, Thierry Migliorini, Jean-Pierre Blivet and Martine Fontaine.
• Il ritorno d'Ulisse in Patria, Monteverdi (Mons and Namur theatres, Wallonia Festival, 2001 )
• L'Elisir d'amore, Donizetti (Lisbon and European tour, 2002, 2003 and 2004)
• Carmen, Bizet (Elisabethsaal, Antwerp, 2004)
• Die Zaüberflöte (Mozart, Mons and Palais des Beaux-arts- Charleroi, 2006)
• Il Barbiere di Seviglia, Rossini (Uccle Cultural Center, Brussels, 2008)
• Cosi fan tutte, Mozart (Dolce Theatre, La Hulpe, 2009 )
• Don Giovanni, Mozart (Poème2 Theatre, Brussels and Château de Seneffe, 2011)
• Carmen, Bizet (Poème2 Theatre, Brussels, 2013)
• Die Dreigroschenoper, Weill (Palais des Beaux-Arts- Charleroi, Théâtre Royal- Mons, Maison Magique- Tournai, 2014).
In preparation for 2016, 2017, 2018:
- Isabelle KABATU & José VAN DAM meet young singers, PBA Charleroi, 26/2/2016
- La Veuve Joyeuse, Franz LEHÀR
- Les Misérables, Claude-Michel SCHÖNBERG
- Carnaval, Carlo GOLDONI, Antonio VIVALDI
- Le Château à Toto, Jacques OFFENBACH
- Yawar Fiesta, Annette VANDE GORNE
Vie Parisienne 2012
Don Giovanni 2011 (photos of the make-up workshop and scenes from the opera)
An audition is organised each year to select the cast for the productions.